Champagne House CUPERLY was founded in 1845. Initially located in Mourmelon-le-Petit, it was, at first, a wines & spirits trading.
Robert CUPERLY, who succeeded his father Auguste in the beginning of the 20th century, started with the purchase and development of a vineyard in Verzy, a jewel for Grand Crus in the Montagne de Reims. He established his own Champagne House in Verzy and started with the elaboration and sales of the CUPERLY Champagnes.
Jean CUPERLY succeeded him in 1940 who was followed by his son Gérard who on his turn, gave the Champagne House a new twist in 1967. In 1997, Anne-Sophie CUPERLY came to work for the family Champagne House together with her partner Sébastien LECCA.
In 2008, the Champagne House moved into a new modern building fully equipped with new technologies. At the moment, Champagne CUPERLY concentrates on developing its production and focusses more and more on export.
Champagne Cuperly is one of the few Champagne Houses that still uses oak barrels for the elaboration of their Champagnes. The oak is mainly coming from the Montagne de Reims, and allows a micro-oxygenation resulting in round Champagnes without affecting the fresh taste.
You will find this typicity in their whole range, assuring CUPERLY Champagnes of exceptional quality. Visit Champagne Cuperly and book one of the Grand Cru Tour and Tastings!