Champagne Drappier has been owned by the family since 1808, the date that François, ancestor of Michel Drappier, settled down in Urville. In the 1920s, after the phylloxera and the First World War, Georges, who was nicknamed "Father Pinot", planted a Pinot Noir, generally known as "Fine Pinot". The Champagnes made from these grapes have an incomparable delicacy.
Champagne Drappier owns 55 hectares of vineyards and 50 hectares is rented in association. 70% of the soil is planted with Pinot Noir.
The Chardonnay covers 15% and is strategically planted on the hillsides facing the east. The Pinot Meunier, planted at the end of the 1950s due to the frost, represents 13% of the vineyard. For the remaining 2% Champagne Drappier proudly cultivates the Blanc Vrai (Pinot Blanc), the Petit Meslier, the Arbane (an extremely rare local vine) and since 2013, the Fromenteau (Pinot Gris).
Champagne Drappier cultivates all 7 official vines that may carry the appelation Champagne.